Euclid Beach Adopt-a-Beach 2012-Year in Review
A Look Back, A Look Ahead...
Happy New Year! It's never too late to say it and it's never too cold to think about the beach! At least that's what volunteers of the Euclid Beach Adopt-a-Beach Team say! For the past three years, through monthly beach cleanups, Adopt-a-Beach volunteers have picked up close to 3,500 pounds of trash and recyclables at Euclid Beach State Park in Cleveland! But there's a lot more to talk about than just picking up trash on the beach!
- Over 250 volunteers from all around the community and the region participated in beach cleanups and park beautification projects at Euclid Beach in 2012!-A HUGE thanks to the entire Swagelok Team and a shout out to Super Volunteer Rhiannon Murkowski!
- Beautified the parks with over $2,000 in native plantings at Euclid Beach and Edgewater Beach State Parks thanks to support from the Friends of Edgewater, Cleveland Waterfront Coalition, Drink Local Drink Tap and the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District. Special thanks to Key Bank community volunteers for helping with the planting!
- Partnered with Arts Collinwood, Project Pop Up Galleries and Northeast Shores to organize the second annual Euclid Beach Blast festival-an evening of live music, sand castles, art and food to celebrate all things great about our great Lake!
- Partnered with local businesses to support beach cleanups and local business involvement in the community. We are especially grateful for Chili Peppers Mexican Grill commitment to offer burrito gift cards to our volunteers and to Name Brand Paint and Hardware Closeouts for supplying paint for all of the park benches!
Here's Some Of What You Can Expect In 2013!
- Launching a pilot Urban Beach Ambassador (UBA) Program at Euclid Beach and Edgewater Beach Park in partnership with Cleveland Lakefront State Park, Cleveland Metroparks, Alliance for the Great Lakes, Friends of Edgewater and Drink Local Drink Tap. We are now recruiting UBA volunteers for Spring 2013! Sign up here if you are interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us on facebook
- Recruiting more volunteers for Adopt-a-Beach(tm) cleanups and park beautification projects at Euclid Beach and Villa Angela Beach!
- Advocating to reduce plastic cigar tip litter on the beach.
- Bringing more fun events and educational programming like the Euclid Beach Blast, and Yoga Cleanups by expanding partnerships with more community organizations.
- Helping to guide the Cleveland Metroparks as they step in to acquire Cleveland Lakefront State Park.
- Supporting the implementation of the Euclid Beach Redesign vision plan-a product of Northeast Shores Development Corporation, MKSK Architects and most importantly, input from community residents!
- Stephen Love is a Lake Erie fanatic from Cleveland, OH. In his day job he works for the Cuyahoga Land Bank and in every other waking moment is the founder and coordinator of Euclid Beach Adopt-a-Beach Team and Euclid Beach Blast! He started Euclid Beach Blast out of a desire to explore the connections between environmental stewardship, art, public spaces, music, and community.
Stephen Love is a Lake Erie fanatic from Cleveland, OH. In his day job he works for the Cuyahoga Land Bank and in every other waking moment is the founder and coordinator of Euclid Beach Adopt-a-Beach Team and Euclid Beach Blast! He started Euclid Beach Blast out of a desire to explore the connections between environmental stewardship, art, public spaces, music, and community.