Hannah Gibbons preschool receives state's top rating
The preschool at Hannah Gibbons STEM School has received the state’s top rating for quality.
Hannah Gibbons' preschool earned five stars under Ohio’s Step Up To Quality program. Five-star schools:
- Have lower staff/child ratios.
- Use child assessment results to plan activities that best support learning and development goals for each child.
- Share assessment results and create goals for children.
- Develop plans to support children as they move to a new classroom or educational setting.
- Work with other organizations or businesses to support children and their families.
- Have an active and organized parent volunteer group.
- Use input from families and community partners to strive for continuous improvement.
- Are accredited by an approved organization.
“Hannah Gibbons is proud to be a five-star program,” said Greg Adkins, principal of Hannah Gibbons. “We know that children typically have a little more than five years from birth until kindergarten, and every day matters. It is important to us that children develop their self-confidence, social and emotional skills, and a love of learning.”
Research confirms that the first five years of a child’s life have a direct impact on how children develop emotional well-being and learning and social skills.
To learn more about Hannah Gibbons, visit www.clevelandmetroschools.org/hannahgibbons
For more information on early childhood education, to https://bit.ly/2r4os7H
CMSD News Bureau
Thomas Ott is director of the CMSD News Bureau