Legal Aid Society Of Cleveland Announces Worker, Tenant Info Line
Legal Aid Society of Cleveland recently announced a Worker Information Line, similar to its long-standing Tenant Information Line. The Worker Information Line provides an opportunity for residents of Northeast Ohio to get information about how to receive their last paycheck, how to apply for Unemployment Compensation (UC) benefits, who qualifies for UC benefits, and more.
Cleveland Legal Aid advises callers to leave a message at any time and clearly state their name, phone number, and a brief description of their question. Cuyahoga residents can call 216-861-5889.
Some common questions Legal Aid can answer are:
● How do I apply for UC benefits?
● What information will I need to apply for UC benefits?
● How many weeks of UC benefits can I receive?
● Do the new laws passed because of Covid-19 apply to me and my employer?
● How long does my former employer have to give me my final paycheck?
For more information, please see Worker Information Line info at https://lasclev.org/workerinfoline/.