During this unprecedented time in our country, state and community, we at Greater Collinwood Development Corporation are seeking ways to connect, support, and serve our community. With shifting requirements and recommended best practices, we will commit to continue serving our mission in a safe and effective way in this era of social distancing. To that end our offices are now closed, but our staff are still working remotely. Please know that while our Five Pointe Community Center is closed to the public, we are still serving the community through our food distribution program. A partnership with the Greater Cleveland Food Bank, this program is now offered on a drive thru basis. Visit our website or Facebook page for upcoming dates and times of the food distribution and stay tuned to www.greatercollinwood.org or our Facebook page for current information regarding Greater Collinwood Development.
- Many of us are feeling unsure what we can do to help our community during this time of social distancing. We have a few suggestions for you.
- Create a phone tree with your neighbors. Commit to checking in on each other, particularly with neighbors in need and the elderly.
- Buy a gift certificate from a local business, if you can afford to do so.
- Commit to supporting local businesses that offer carry-out or delivery.
- Drop off food for a neighbor in need.
- Continue to stay active and healthy. There are many exercise programs online. GCDC will link any local active living programs on our website. To date health officials have also encouraged walking and exercising outdoors, maintaining social distancing.
- Download free conferencing apps and connect with neighbors for virtual social gatherings or meetings.
These are just a few suggestions, there are many others. We would love to hear how you are connecting and supporting the community. We have established a special email for this purpose, email@example.com. Use this email to send us information and resources that you would like to share with your fellow community members, and we will share it on our various platforms. We have also developed a survey for you to engage with us to shape the future goals and direction of our organization. You can take that survey here, https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JS29XB3. Together we can support our fellow neighbors and businesses, and together we can get through this moment even stronger.
Please reach out to us, and stay safe, and healthy.
Jamar Doyle, Executive Director
Greater Collinwood Development Corporation