ODJFS Announce PRC Program For Covid-19 Hardship
Ohio Department of Job & Family Services recently opened applications for the Prevention, Retention, and Contingency (PRC) program with Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) funding due to Covid-19. Individuals meeting eligibility requirements may receive funds to help meet essential needs in the form of a voucher.
Limited funding is available. To be eligible for a Covid-19 PRC voucher, the following criteria must be met:
● Must be a family assistance group that includes a minor child, or a pregnant individual, or a non-custodial parent of a minor child receiving Ohio Works First (OWF), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and/or Medicaid.
● At least one member of the assistance group must be a U.S. citizen or a qualified alien.
● Must be a Cuyahoga County resident.
● Gross monthly income of the assistance group must be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG).
● Liquid assets greater than $1000 must be used to meet current need.
Categories of assistance through Covid-19 PRC include:
● Supplemental Food Assistance - Maximum amount based on group size
● Essential Supplies - Cleaning products, daily care, infant care items, ets. Maximum amount for a family with minor children is $200. Maximum for pregnant woman or non-custodial parent is $150.
● Housing Assistance - Maximum amount is $750.
For more information and to download an application, please visit Covid-19 PRC program at https://cjfs.cuyahogacounty.us/en-US/PRC.aspx.